Have you ever wondered about how to optimize my website for voice search? Are you open to learning how to optimize your website for when someone uses a mobile device and says “Hey, Google” or “OK, Google” or “Hey Alexa”? Then let's take a dive into Voice Search to see how you can easily optimize your website for it.
What is voice search?
A simple explanation of voice search is that it happens when a computer or mobile device is used to conduct a search using voice to control the process. Although there are more technical explanations, we will keep it easy to understand. That way, we can dive into explaining the high-level overview regarding the importance of the question, “How to optimize my website for voice search?”
According to SearchEngine Journal, “By 2020, up to 50% of all search activity will be conducted by voice. Businesses must start preparing and optimizing for voice search in order to get ahead of the curve.” With this in mind, it's time for us to take a look at what makes up voice engine optimization. Let's check out a few ways you can do this by sharing tips from SearchEngine Journal:
- Optimize your business listing. This means that wherever you have your business displaying online, then you need to make sure all of your information is correct.
- Speed up your website. Slow websites are a no-go for website visitors (views). You can lose more views by having pages that load or display very slowly.
- Your new content strategy: Focus on Questions. One of the top ways to create content is to answer FAQs on your website. You can create FAQ pages or sections on your website.
- Your new content strategy: Provide Answers. Creating video snippets is a great way for you to provide answers. If you create videos and post on YouTube, make sure you point back to your website.
- Test it. Check your website against voice searches to see what you need to do to improve your results.
As you apply these tips to your website for voice search, make sure you track your efforts so that you can assess if you need to tweak any parts of your efforts. For businesses trying to grow your visibility online, it would be a good idea to concentrate on creating featured snippet content like the FAQs and videos mentioned early.
Learning how to optimize my website for voice search
One of the keys to optimizing your website for voice search is that you incorporate conversational words. According to Neil Patel, keep in mind that…
On mobile, the searches are a conversation with a virtual assistant. Artificial intelligence powers voice search engines, and it becomes smarter with every conversation … If you use voice search, you will probably ask a question, like “Which restaurant serves dinner now?”
From this perspective, as you are working on optimization tasks, be ever-ready to tweak your efforts. Now, let's get started with learning what it takes to answer your question, “How do I optimize my website for voice search?”
- Optimize your website for local content search. Remember that your target customers may do a lot of their searching via a mobile device and thus, you want your website to come up when they look for “near me” results.
- Claim your Google My Business listing. By doing this, it can help you show up in Google search more prominently for your keywords, especially if you have optimized your listing for your keywords.
- Make sure that your website is fast-loading. Speed is important for websites, especially on mobile when using voice search. To test if your website is optimized for speed, use Google's PageSpeed Insights.
- Incorporate structured data into your website. Simply put, structured data is the same as schema markup and it can help give you an edge over your competitor, doing it may not affect your Google rankings. This is coded into your web pages so it's a bit technical.
- Ensure that your website is mobile-friendly. You can find out if your website is mobile-friendly by using Google's Mobile-Friendly Tool which will test your site. The results of this test will let you know your outcome and it will also provide tips for improvement if necessary.
Final words about how to optimize my website for voice search tips
Voice search is not a fad and taking action now to optimize your website for it is very important. If you would like to receive coaching about optimizing your website, feel free to check out our DIY Website Optimizer course. Or just reach out to us on our Contact page to send us a message about hiring us to optimize your website for Google search engine.
- Why It's Important To Optimize Your Website For Mobile - February 17, 2020
- Great Tips For Link Building To Improve Your SEO - February 10, 2020
- How To Improve Your Website SEO With Google Search Console - February 3, 2020