As a business owner, you are probably doing everything you can to optimize your website online but would you love tips for link building that will help you optimize. You may have your keywords set up and are creating engaging content for your target audience. But, did you know that link building can improve your SEO efforts? You might not even know what link building is because of how complex it may sound. But don't worry, we will break it down for you with tips for link building!
What is link building?
Link building may sound complicated, but it is actually very easy to understand. Link building means placing your website links on other websites to drive traffic back to your site. Also, you may agree to collaborate with others and choose to link to each other's websites. Link building can enhance your website authority on search engines and within your industry. However, you can't just start sharing your site links on any website.
It's important for your link building efforts to center around what is called “dofollow” links. The “follow” links can drive search engines your way through a backlink to your website. If you have “nofollow” links, then search engines won't follow your links and it may affect your ranking.
But why is all of this important and is it necessary? Well, of course, it helps your search engine optimization efforts! According to Moz, “the more high-quality websites that link back to you, the more likely you are to rank well in search results.” Keep reading for tips for link building.
Link building example
For instance, let's say that Pamper My Business wrote a guest blog post for your website. In the blog post, we reference pages from our website and link back to them. This is a great example of link building because we are linking back to our website! Now, the essential thing is for those backlinks to be “dofollow” links. The key to the backlink strategy being successful, in this situation, is that the backlink is a “dofollow” link.
The results will introduce Pamper My Business to your audience, allow us to share our knowledge on your website, and increase our target audience. If Pamper My Business wants to make it a collaborative opportunity, then we would be open to having this same website create a blog post for our website and then have a “dofollow” backlink to their website.
Tips for link building
To increase your knowledge about link building, we wanted to share tips for link building that will be easy to implement and understand! We love using acronyms to help us remember important things. So for this list, we will use the acronym T.O.P.S. to help you get to the top with a link building strategy. Some of the easy SEO link building tactics include:
- Targeted Outreach: share your content, products, or services with potential collaborative peers, leaders, or influencers in your community or industry. Communicate how your business can be helpful for their target audience.
- Guest blogging Opportunities: this is one of the easiest tactics to follow! Contact a website owner who has a blog in your niche. Then provide a proposal for a blog post that you could write for their website. Make sure that you research their blog post so that your proposal is beneficial to the blog owner and their target audience. Ensure that they will all you to include “dofollow” links back to your website.
- Perform broken links testing: read blogs from your industry and click on links you find. Along the way, you'll find a broken link, and this can be a great opportunity for you! You can create a similar piece of content and pitch it to the blogger. They will be happy you caught a broken link and provided them with content they can replace it with.
- Share your content in interesting ways: Create a plan to share your content, blog posts or pages, on external websites that will allow you to have a “dofollow” backlink. A really great resource for “dofollow” backlinks is Pinterest! According to the article, “How to get a DoFollow backlink from Pinterest,”
The DoFollow link from Pinterest is a very powerful backlink for SEO. It is great for link diversity and gives your site a strong link juice, since Pinterest has a domain authority of 93.
Pinterest is almost a search engine in its own way. You can repurpose your content, such as making a blog post into an infographic or video and uploading it to Pinterest. Add your SEO keywords and a link directing it to your website, and you can direct your target audience there (plus also increase your engagement!).
Final words about tips for link building to help SEO
Link building is just one of the many things you can do to improve your search engine optimization efforts. However, it does take some time and dedication, and it is an online business growth activity you should plan on doing continuously. If you would like to receive coaching about link building and other SEO strategies to optimize your website, then check out our DIY Website Optimizer course! You can also reach out to our team via our Contact page to send us a message about hiring us to optimize your website for search engines.
- Why It's Important To Optimize Your Website For Mobile - February 17, 2020
- Great Tips For Link Building To Improve Your SEO - February 10, 2020
- How To Improve Your Website SEO With Google Search Console - February 3, 2020